The Objectives of the Charity
The Company will only apply the income and property of the Company in promoting the objects of the Company.
The objects for which the Company is established are to change the way the community perceive and understand mental illness, reduce the social stigma associated with mental illness and increase acceptance of mental health disorders and suicide prevention measures to:
- Reduce the prevalence and impact of depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and related disorders in teenagers and young adults; and
- Increase the capacity of the Australian community, including governments, service providers, business and community sectors, working together, to deal with depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and related disorders in teenagers and young adults.
These objects may be achieved through activities and events which:
- Promote awareness of mental illness;
- Bring the community together on the issue of mental illness;
- Develop promotion and prevention strategies to increase community awareness and understanding of depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and related disorders and reduce associated stigma and discrimination for teenagers and young adults through such things as fashion, sporting stars, celebrities and social media;
- Commission and support research to enhance knowledge into the causes and consequences of depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety, trial new and innovative prevention, early detection, treatment and management activities for depression, bipolar disorders, anxiety and related disorders and disseminate information about best practice models of care for teenagers and young adults;
- Promote partnerships across health and other sectors to enhance responsiveness and support to teenagers and young adults who may experience or be at risk of experiencing depression, bipolar disorders, anxiety and related disorders.